Our SEO process & what you can expect
What Is The Market Jar SEO Process?
Our technical SEO process refers to all the SEO efforts that will be implemented for your website to gain greater visibility on search engines and stay there ranking.
These are the four pillars of SEO:
- Technical SEO: Ensuring your website is easy for Google to index.
- On-site SEO: Optimizing content for your target keywords.
- Link Building & Off-Page SEO: Building quality backlinks to boost your domain authority.
- Content: Creating value-packed content that your potential clients want to see.
SEO is an ever-evolving process that requires constant optimisation of your site, to cater for search engine algorithms, user demand, and competitor activity. Once you initiate it, you need to stick with it to reap the benefits over time.
What does the SEO process look like?
Month 1 – On-boarding + Campaign setup + Strategy is created
What we will need:
– Google Analytics Admin Access
– Google Search Console Admin Access
– Google Business Manager Access
– Google Tag Manager Admin Access
– Website Admin Access
This month is all about onboarding you, setting up your campaigns, and uncovering any potential issues and opportunities. We do this by fixing any immediately significant issues and diving deep into research and data to lay the right foundation for the rest of the campaign.
The first few weeks will be about constructing your marketing strategy, the strategy is a PDF document which details everything, and this document will be comprehensive.
Depending on the size of your site, and strategy, we front-load as much work as possible to show success quickly.
These are some of the major deliverables and actions during this month (Budget and deliverables dependant):
- Define goals – Initial strategy, and objectives defined.
- Uncover customer pain points.
- Set up your customer portal, and your unique reporting dashboard.
- Set up performance tracking.
- Setup and integration of Google Analytics, and Search Console within our reporting software to communicate ongoing campaign performance.
- Site-wide keyword research, page speed and mapping.
- Metadata review for the core money pages.
- Begin to fix any 404 errors/broken links, 301 chains, orphan pages etc.
- Competitive core content review.
- Initial technical review with resolution of any significant technical issues that may impact immediate organic performance.
- Identifying and prioritising significant growth opportunities for the campaign based on existing content assets and their current performance and the competition.
- Review (or create) the Google Business Profiles to ensure all potential optimisations are leveraged.
- Conduct an initial citation review to identify possible issues and opportunities with existing and potential citations.
**Unique to Market Jar:
- Set-up of Competitor Watch – 24/7 Competitor Monitoring.
- Monitor competitor blog articles for product, audience, and strategy insights.
- Explore competitor ads to uncover new promos and positioning efforts.
- Track new pages for product releases and pricing changes.
- Analyze social media trends related to competitor profile growth, posts, and audience engagement.
Monthly Campaign Tasks
On-page optimisation SEO Review & Strategy
- Technical optimisation – Checking mobile responsiveness, web vitals, and redirects.
- Meta tags – Optimising title tags, meta description tags, header tags etc.
- Site speed – Improving site speed to improve user experience/conversions.
- Site structure – Ensuring search engine-friendly URLs / naming conventions.
- Conversion review – Edit contact forms, and phone numbers, and add clear calls to action above the fold.
- Every other month there is an in-house, in-depth review of the campaign. This is to ensure that the future focus areas are still relevant based on real-time performance data and to review the current page-specific optimisations to see if any changes or additional optimisations can be done to help improve the campaign’s performance.
Technical SEO Website Crawl & Review
- While during month 1 we resolve any significant issues with the website, each month we crawl your website to monitor and fix most issues that may arise (such as 404 pages, simple duplicate content, canonical tag issues, etc.)
- For most platforms we can resolve most issues ourselves, however, depending on the CMS, we may need to escalate significant issues to your developers.
- Money page optimisation – constantly enhancing content on money pages, this persuades Google that your page is still alive and highly relevant.
Posting great content regularly is one of the best things you can do to get ranked by Google and keep potential customers interested in your business. We create high-quality content that will keep your website fresh and at the top of the rankings.
- Topic ideation – Content subject matter defined in line with core objectives
- Content – Content marketing strategy mapped out and scheduled
- Content marketing – Q&A sessions held, leveraging client knowledge
- Publication – Content is created and published
- On-page – optimisation is performed in line with content marketing efforts.
For our Dedicated Reporting – see here.
Link Acquisition, Digital PR & Citation Building (If budget allows)
We prioritise specific pages and areas of your business every month to be more strategic about link building. This helps improve campaign performance and expectations and helps better communicate what is being done every month.
For our link acquisition, the major deliverables and actions during every monthly work cycle include:
- Foundational links – Creating local citations and business listings
- Review competitors – Reverse engineer competitors to identify link-building opportunities
- Outreach – Performing continual prospecting and outreach to webmasters, negotiating content and link placements
- Niche links – Prospect niche specific link building opportunities
- Link clean-up – Assessing link profile, removing toxic or low-quality links
- For local businesses, citations (instances of your business name, address, and phone number appearing across the web) are built to help improve local map placements. If you are a local business, acquiring key citations will be prioritised during each work cycle as well.
- Digital PR – if you have news to share, that you think the world will find exciting, we will reach out to our database of press writers, who will feature your story in hundreds of publications.
Transparency: All of this will be documented on our portal, so you can see everything that’s going on throughout the process.
What is your process for agreeing on monthly KPIs?
When we provide you with our SEO campaign PDF in the initial weeks, we give some estimates, however, without historical data, we can’t adhere to KPIs just yet. Data is king here, if you have historical data, we can set realistic KPIs.
Will there be bi-weekly or monthly meetings to determine the granular focus during the early phases?
Meetings are monthly, however, if there’s anything pressing, we can answer as we go. You will have your portal, but we can also have a WhatsApp group, for extra transparency. Time needs to be managed on our side because if we spend most of our time on the phone, little work will get done.